Background

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Peculiar Picture #27

 
     I painted this piece back in the days when I was creating conceptual illustrations on spec. This is a common practice for illustrators who often find themselves idle between assignments. Since I had no idea what these illustrations might be used for I often gave art directors various cropping options to increase the marketability of my work. This piece shows extra space at the top where a masthead might go should this picture be used on the cover of a magazine, as many of my illustrations were. To my knowledge this picture has never been printed. Check out the entire illustration (here.)


2 comments:

  1. The whole picture (which I looked at ) is most interesting. Reminds me of those picture prompts, only better than most. I mean, there must be a story behind this... do you have any idea what it could be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a politician ascending to heaven against his will.

    "No! I don't want to be saved! I've still got far to much crystal to snort in my desk drawer!"

    ReplyDelete