Background

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gentlemen's Club


When our son CJ turned twenty-one his mother and I wanted to do something special for him. We didn’t want him to drink and drive, so we flew him and a buddy who’d already turned twenty-one to Las Vegas where they could celebrate without the need for wheels.


After checking into their hotel, our son’s buddy went to the concierge desk and said, “Today is my best friend’s twenty-first birthday. Can you suggest an interesting way for us to celebrate?”


The concierge said, “Dress in the best clothes you have and be in front of the hotel at ten p.m. I’ll send a limo to pick you up.”


So that’s what they did.


At ten p.m. they climbed into a limo that drove them out into the desert. Twenty minutes later they pulled up in front of a swank gentlemen’s club where a doorman in an Armani suit ushered them in.


I won’t bore you with CJ's vivid descriptions, but I will say that his mother didn’t look pleased when he related what went on inside. She listened patiently while he bubbled over with enthusiasm for the well-endowed ladies, and when he finished she said, “I’m glad you had a nice birthday, but bear in mind that the breasts on those women aren’t real.”


The look on my wife’s face was priceless when our son said, “They sure felt real!”




P.S. This week I'm participating in Dude Write Starting Lineup.

15 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post--especially the last line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Twenty one and going to Vegas - what'd'ya expect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I could just imagine the face. My wifes would have been frosty enough to freeze beer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gentleman's clubs around me are pretty horrifying. Not only do the strippers have strange growths and eye patches, but whenever I put the dollar bills in their underwear, it vanishes as if being sucked into a vacuum.

    I'm sure Las Vegas joints are a lot more classy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to a gentleman's club....a tit pit, sure, but never a gentleman's club....I assume there's a difference....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not looking forward to my son's sharing such information with mom. There will be much sighing!

    Fun post and welcome to Dude Write!!!!

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA HA HA HA! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What did his mother expect when she sends him to Vegas for his 21st b-day?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, classic!

    Michael A. Walker
    Defying Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I wish my parents sent me to Vegas for my 21st!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Until your parents ask you how your holiday was, in which case, describe it in graphic details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't decide if I'd be laughing or wanting to crawl under a table from to much information...but probably laughing. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could not stop laughing. Too bad you didn't get a picture of the wife's reaction.

    ReplyDelete