Background

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Isla Mujeres: Rhymes with Paris


Hey guys,

Mr. and Mrs. Chatterbox flew the coop on Thursday to attend our niece's wedding on the tiny island of Isla Mujeres off the coast of Cancun.

I had grand plans for some travel blogging, but the WiFi on the island is spotty at best. In addition, my i-Pad is all in Spanish so I don't know what I'm doing.

I look forward to catching up on everyone's posts when we return in a few days.

Until then, wish you were here. Adios

SeƱor Chatterbox


8 comments:

  1. Too beautiful a spot to have your nose in a computer anyway!. I remember a trip with fire dancers at night. Spectacular. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be there!

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was there, too! The BRD and her Beau Jack are off to Cancun next week. Maybe you'll see them in the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there before it was anything other than an empty beach... Back in the early 1970's I visited Isla Mujeres after traveling Guatemala and Belize--we stopped on the beach and camped, catching fish and roasting them over a fire. We spent much of our time without clothes, swimming in the beautiful tropical waters...I was with a friend and my French-Canadian boyfriend and there was not another soul for miles! We had to drive to a tiny town where we could get a beer and a meal of beans, tortillas and eggs...

    I hope you have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the sea and sky. like facets of a blue topaz.
    when i'm on my occasional visits to the middle-east, i have my blogger in arabic !

    ReplyDelete