Background

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Picture of the Week #4

 
Artists often set aside paintings in progress for a variety of reasons. Perhaps other commissions got in the way, the subject of a portrait might have died, or the artist didn’t have the technical skill to finish it. I was heavily under the influence of Rembrandt when I began this painting of fantasy characters in 1985. I recently found it in my garage and decided the time had come for me to finish it. Check out the final painting (here).


2 comments:

  1. hmmm i might have to take you up on that offer to write...
    i love fantasy stories and grew up on them...nice work on the face
    of the king...you can see the weight of the responsibility

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I haven't seen Game of Thrones I was thinking of it when I saw the painting

    ReplyDelete